Level 2 Award in the Principles of Risk Assessment
This Level 2 Award in the Principles of Risk Assessment qualification is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety by enabling learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone in a work environment as it raises learners’ awareness of the concept of risk assessment.
Why is this training important?
This Level 2 Award in the Principles in Risk Assessment was created in response to industry requirements for all employees to be risk aware. Although not all employees will be expected to undertake risk assessments themselves, they may be asked to contribute to the process and will be expected to act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
- Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Understand the principles of risk assessment including:
- hazards, risks and control measures
- the five steps of risk assessment
- the hierarchy of control
- risk assessment review and record keeping.
Now require all delegates to provide photo ID (eg. passport, driving licence, work pass) in order to sit the exam. Delegates who do not produce photo ID will not be allowed to sit the exam.
Delegates will receive a Level 2 Certificate from The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) on successful completion of a multi-choice question paper.
|Duration||6 hour programme|
|Assessment||Multiple choice exam|