The Level 2 Award in Manual Handling Principles and Practice combines both the theoretical and practical aspects of such training.
Under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, employers are required to take appropriate steps to reduce the risk of injury to employees, part of which is to provide suitable training.
This qualification is aimed at those who carry out any manual handling activities at work, including both industrial and office workers, and provides essential information about manual handling hazards and their control and goes further than the Level 2 Principles of Manual Handling Award in that it also includes hands on elements of the subject and teaches techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within each person’s capabilities.
- This includes suitable training. The Level 2 Award in Manual Handling Principles and Practice.
- Principles and Practice combines both the theoretical and hands-on elements of the subject and teaches learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within their individual capabilities.
This is a one day The Level 2 Award in Manual Handling Principles and Practice course combines both the theoretical and practical aspects of such training.course where assessment is by multiple choice exam and practical assessment.
The programme covers the following topics:
- Manual handling hazards, risks and controls
- How manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- The scope of legal requirements and where guidance can be found
- The process for assessing manual handling risks
- The value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice
- Manual handling techniques – lifting loads from low levels/working at low levels/lowering from height/pushing loads/pulling loads/carrying/team handling
Multiple choice examination.
Successful participants will be awarded a certificate.
Recommend refresher training every 3 years.
You can study by attending a classroom course, involving face-to-face teaching which can be organised as an in-house course in your premises if you have a number of students who need this qualification.
We have a method of study that suits your preferred study style, availability and commitments.