The IOSH Leading Safely course is aimed at Directors, Senior Executives, Senior Managers and anyone else with leadership responsibility. It delivers practical knowledge and solutions for sustainable business advantage through good health and safety practice.
IOSH Leading Safely course
Leaders are busy people, so the course has been designed to give maximum benefit in the shortest time possible. It includes access to a state of the art online diagnostic tool that will identify where your business currently is in relation to health and
safety performance. The course then assists leaders to map out the commitment and actions required to achieve the required level of improvement.
All learners receive a mobile app to access their diagnostic tool and planner.
The course can be tailored to your needs and industry requirements. We can include your policies, procedures and specific examples if required.
Benefits of Attending IOSH Leading Safely
The IOSH Leading Safety workshop will help you improve productivity, increase profits, enhance corporate reputation and strengthen your organisations brand. This course:
- Sharpens your skill-set and makes you a more effective leader
- Creates understanding of good practice from around the world
- Enables bench-marking of your performance against others
- Shapes your safety and health vision
- Identifies steps to achieve your safety and health ambitions
- Health and Safety Leadership – What this means and the behaviours required
- When things go wrong – responsibilities, sanctions, Fees for Intervention, Corporate Manslaughter
- Getting it right – Plan, Do, Check, Act
- Personal Commitment – making changes to improve health and safety performance
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives
- Recognise the importance of integrating heath and safety objectives with other business objectives in order to minimise the overall risk
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision making and effective supply chain management
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- Understand the principles of occupational safety and health management systems, continual improvement and annual reporting
Tailored packages to train all your senior executives
Cambridge Risk Management Ltd can tailor this course for in-company delivery. By incorporating your policy, procedures and organisational specifics we can deliver a course that is wholly relevant to your business that will deliver considerable cost savings.
IOSH Leading Safely course: futher information
Choosing to study for your certificate with Astutis means you can undertake the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and Directors course in either of the following ways:
- At your place of work, for multiple staff members
- In a classroom – structured learning with fellow professionals
For more information on the course itself as well as these learning options, please getin touch with our trained course advisers.
Course accreditation and assessment
The IOSH Leading Safely course is accredited by IOSH, the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, Europe’s leading professional body for health and safety practitioners. The Institution works to advance the safety, health and welfare of people at work and those affected by work activities.
IOSH Leading Safely
Learners use the diagnostic tool, accessed via a mobile app, to review their current health and safety performance against a list of set standards. They are then guided by the tool to make improvements to their health and safety performance. They are required to make a personal commitment to improve their own and their organisations’ health and safety performance.
This course is offered at various training venues and on client’s premises, specifically for a group of your employees. Though we can offer the course anywhere in the UK and beyond, additional travel costs may apply if outside England and Wales.
The course costs £500 execluding VAT at the clients site. There is then an additional charge of £50 exc. VAT per person (maximum 20 in one group).
Price includes tuition, handouts, exam and certificates.
Please contact us if you would like to further information about this or any of our other training programmes.