This 3 day first aid at work course (FAW) is a Level 3 QCF Award and recommended by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Upon completion, this makes you a fully qualified first aider with the skills to deal with any situation.
Our first aid at work courses provide the training, assessment and certification to become a qualified first aider if your assessment shows the need for a first aider in the work place.
Alongside meeting these requirements, you will also be equipped with the knowledge and skills to administer a wide variety of first aid techniques in the workplace with confidence – from treating minor wounds to saving the lives of colleagues in life-threatening situations.
The course is HSE recommended and complies with Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations and the approved code of practice L74 guidelines for the qualification of workplace first aiders.
This 3 day First Aid at Work Course (FAW) includes course materials, expert tutoring and practical exercises to give learners in-depth training in the following information and treatments:
- Principles of first aid
- Prevention of cross-infection
- Basic life support (CPR)
- Breathing management
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Assessing and treating wounds & bleeds
- Treating anaphylaxis
- Treating shock or sudden poisoning
- Treating burns, poisoning and eye injuries
- Treating common major and minor illnesses
- Managing asthma attacks and choking
- Fractures, dislocations and head injuries
- Managing epilepsy and diabetes
- Record keeping and equipment use
- Legal aspects and secondary surveys
Upon successful completion of the multiple-choice question paper and practical exercises, each learner will receive an Ofqual approved and nationally recognised First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Why choose first aid at work training with Safety First Aid Training?
- One of the UK’s leading training schools – established 1959
- Visit our classes in London, or we can provide training at your workplace
- The course meets H&S (First Aid) Regulation and is HSE recommended
- Regularly updated so you always get the latest knowledge and skills
- Expert first aid tutors with real experience in the field
- A friendly and supportive learning environment
In the unlikely event that a learner fails to succeed in the course, we will offer a free place at one of our fixed training venues where they can be re-trained and re-assessed free of charge.