Understand the main principles of health and safety and your role in maintaining a safe and healthy workplace.
- One day course
- Delivered in-house and customised for your own business and job
- Learn the basics of health and safety
- Certificate awarded following successful multiple choice assessment.
Who should attend?
Everyone in a work environment should have this basic health and safety training to give them the right knowledge and attitude to do their job safely.
What will you learn?
After completing the course you will:
- Understand the principles of health and safety and accident prevention
- Be able to contribute to any health and safety management system
- Understand the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention
- Understand the responsibilities placed on employers and employees
- Understand the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration)
- Understand the importance of following systems, procedures and rules
- Understand how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety
- Appreciate how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety
Duration, Cost and Format
The course lasts one day, and we will deliver it to a group of employees at your own premises. We will tailor the content so it is relevant to your business and job and use examples, photos and videos that bring H&S alive and make it immediately relevant.
On successful completion of a multiple choice assessment you will gain a CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace, an Ofqual accredited qualification.