CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
3 Day Training Course
Did you know that according to the HSE (Health & Safety Executive)
- 1.3 million working people suffered from a work-related illness
- 144 workers killed at work (2017/18)
- 609,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 70,116 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 31.2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.9 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2015/16)
For employers and employees, the cost financially and to your reputation from inadequate H&S training can have devastating effects. That’s why from using protective equipment to dealing with accidents, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is indispensable to a healthy and safe working environment.
With a focus on the role of supervision, learners on this course will develop the essential knowledge and understanding to enable them to discharge health and safety responsibilities.
Who needs this qualification?
The CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is designed for:
- Managers and supervisors within a workplace
- Learning and development coaches
The CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is ideal for anybody in a supervisory position. It provides a thorough understanding of health and safety, with specific emphasis on the importance of monitoring staff and controls and key factors in the implementation of a health and safety policy.
Upon successful completion of this qualification candidates will possess a thorough understanding of the different aspects of health and safety in the workplace, an understanding of their roles and responsibilities for the health and safety of others and be able to ensure the safety of your employees.
What’s more, employers can book this course for their employees and rest assured that they fulfilled their legal responsibilities for providing quality Health & Safety training which also meets OFSTED and CQC requirements
Why is this training important?
Accidents and illness can result in disability, death or incapacity for work. The supervisor is in an ideal position to influence, monitor and train employees. They can also ensure that managers are informed, persuaded, encouraged or pressured into providing for better health and safety standards.
- Session One – Occupational health and safety management
- Session Two – Planning
- Session Three – Risk profiling
- Session Four – Work-related injuries, hazards and controls
- Session Five – Work-related ill health, hazards and controls
- Session Six – Organisation and implementation
- Session Seven – Checking performance
- Session Eight – Reviewing performance
The training covers the following topics:
- Occupational health and safety
- Planning Risk profiling
- Work-related injuries, hazards and controls
- Work-related ill health, hazards and controls
- Organisation and implementation
- Checking performance
- Reviewing performance
- Assessment materials
Test papers of 40 multiple choice questions each
This course can be delivered as a one-day refresher/awareness course.