CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
This qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
3 Day Training Course
Who needs this qualification?
The CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is ideal for anybody in a supervisory position. It provides a thorough understanding of health and safety, with specific emphasis on the importance of monitoring staff and controls and key factors in the implementation of a health and safety policy.
Why is this training important?
Accidents and illness can result in disability, death or incapacity for work. The supervisor is in an ideal position to influence, monitor and train employees. They can also ensure that managers are informed, persuaded, encouraged or pressured into providing for better health and safety standards.
- Session One – Occupational health and safety management
- Session Two – Planning
- Session Three – Risk profiling
- Session Four – Work-related injuries, hazards and controls
- Session Five – Work-related ill health, hazards and controls
- Session Six – Organisation and implementation
- Session Seven – Checking performance
- Session Eight – Reviewing performance
The training covers the following topics:
- Occupational health and safety
- Planning Risk profiling
- Work-related injuries, hazards and controls
- Work-related ill health, hazards and controls
- Organisation and implementation
- Checking performance
- Reviewing performance
Test papers of 40 multiple choice questions each