There is a legal requirement under the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 to conduct a specific Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Risk Assessment for employees classed as users of DSE. Employees meet this classification of user if they meet the following criteria:
- They use DSE on a daily basis;
- They use DSE for an hour or more at a time;
- They could not do their job without DSE.
The Display Screen Equipment Risk Assessment should cover:
- The screen;
- The keyboard;
- The mouse;
- The software;
- The furniture (desk, chair etc.);
- The environment (heating, lighting etc.)
Cambridge Risk Management can assist with your risk assessment requirements on your behalf, or we can assist you to carry them out by providing forms, examples and support. We can also provide Display Screen Equipment Assessor Training. Please note that a DSE risk assessment and many other services can also be covered as part of our Health and Safety Membership Scheme.