Under the CDM 2015 Management of Health & Safety in Construction a construction phase plan is required for EVERY construction project. This does not need to be complicated or burdensome.
If you are working for a domestic client, you will be in control of the project if you are the only contractor or the principal contractor. If you are the only contractor, by default, you are the principal contractor!
You will be responsible for:
- preparing a plan;
- organising the work; and
- communicating and working together with others to ensure positive health and safety.
You could be a builder, plumber or other tradesman, doing small-scale routine work such as:
- installing a kitchen or bathroom;
- structural alterations, e.g chimney breast removal;
- roofing work, including dormer windows;
- extension or loft conversion.