Level 3 Health and Safety Training Course
This Level 3 Award in Health & Safety in the Workplace qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
3 Day Training Course
Who needs this qualification?
Everyone working in a supervisory position.
Why is this training important?
Accidents and illness can result in disability, death or incapacity for work. The supervisor is in an ideal position to influence, monitor and train employees. They can also ensure that managers are informed, persuaded, encouraged or pressured into providing for better health and safety standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety
- Show awareness of the benefits of health and safety culture
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety
- Demonstrate an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors
The training covers the following topics:
- Accidents at work
- Management of health & safety
- Risk assessment
- Fire safety
- Manual handling
- Principles of health & safety law
- Hazardous substances
- The workplace
- The safe use of work equipment
- Health at work
- Monitoring and measuring performance
- Consultation with employees
- and more...