The IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and Directors course is designed for senior employees with operational or strategic accountability for an organisation in any industry. It provides a thorough overview of the moral, legal and business case for proactive safety, health and risk management, strategic safety and health management, and its integration into holistic business management systems and procedures.
NEW IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and Directors course
The IOSH Safety for Senior Executives course aims to assist delegates achieve their organisational strategic objectives for health and safety risk management. The course ensures delegates understand their health and safety responsibilities and accountabilities, thus enabling them to oversee the management of operational risks and resources effectively.
Full course syllabus
Why manage health and safety?
- The moral and legal case for effective health and safety management, and the role played by the directors.
Health and safety law
- The key legislation of civil and criminal law including corporate manslaughter and its implications.
- The business case for effective management of health and safety risk, including the 'hidden' costs of failure and the requirements for annual reporting.
Health and safety management systems
- Understanding the requirements for effective health and safety management, its principles and its strategic implementation.
5. Leadership and culture
- The importance of directors as safety leaders and how to influence a safety culture.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety role and responsibilities of senior executives
- Recognise the importance of integrating hea
lth and safety objectives with other business objectives in order to minimise the overall risk
- Take account of health and safety aspects during strategic planning, decision making and effective supply chain management
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- Understand the principles of occupational safety and health management systems, continual improvement and annual reporting
Tailored packages to train all your senior executives
Cambridge Risk Management Ltd can tailor this course for in-company delivery. By incorporating your policy, procedures and organisational specifics we can deliver a course that is wholly relevant to your business that will deliver considerable cost savings.
IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and Directors course: futher information
Choosing to study for your certificate with Astutis means you can undertake the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and Directors course in either of the following ways:
- At your place of work, for multiple staff members
- In a classroom - structured learning with fellow professionals
For more information on the course itself as well as these learning options, please getin touch with our trained course advisers.
Course accreditation and assessment
The course is accredited by IOSH, the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, Europe’s leading professional body for health and safety practitioners. The Institution works to advance the safety, health and welfare of people at work and those affected by work activities.
IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and Directors is assessed by a short multi-format exam (consisting of a variety of formats such as true/false, multiple-choice, matching).